I just spend some time to create a slim bookmarklet that enables mapping, geocoding and (of course) geotagging directly in your Flickr photo page. It works with all common browsers (Firefox, IE, Safari, Opera) without the need for any extension.
To run it, simply drag it to your tool bar, visit one of your photo pages, hit it again and your done. No sluggishly page refresh, just simple AJAX style behind the curtain ;)
- Switch to fullscreen version (NEW)
- Smooth zoom when map was double clicked (NEW)
- Link to map added in description (NEW)
- Batch tagging: Remember last saved location (NEW)
- See where someone else's photo has been taken
- GeoCoder adjusted (try search for "nyc", "10101")
- Long/Lat input possible (eg. "N 40°45', W 73°59'")
- Easy EXIF geo data extraction (if you've used GPS-devices)
ps: I developed it using dynamic scripts. So all future improvements will be available without any worry. If you miss something, drop it in the comments and I'm gonna care about...
Add to Del.icio.us - Spurl - Digg